Recipe by BonusMeals
A random quick dinner based on what happened to be in the fridge that got lots of thumbs up around the table.
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 30 g Thai basil (chopped)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 ounces smoked bacon (finely chopped â or substitute with parma ham)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- 14 ounces linguine (dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil for the Linguine.
- Gently fry the onion, garlic, sweet basil, sun dried tomatoes and bacon in the oil for 5 minutes (or until the onions are translucent, but not yet browning – adding seasoning to taste).
- Add the Linguine to the water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half the grated parmesan to the fried ingredients.
- Strain the pasta & serve, sprinkling with the remaining parmesan.