Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm always on the lookout for simple baked tofu recipes. This one is influenced by Thai cuisine. The fiery curry flavored tofu is crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The recipe was found in The Giant Book of Tofu Cooking.
- Cut each block of tofu in three slices that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Stack the slices, then cut through all the layers diagonally, making an 'x' (The resulting shapes will look like triangles),.
- Combine the curry paste and soy sauce.
- In a lightly oiled baking dish, arrange the tofu triangles; cover them with the curry paste and soy sauce mixture (I like to skip the oil and line my dish with parchment paper. It helps with the clean up, too) .
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, turning twice during the baking process.
I used a homemade curry sauce/paste that was hot but very good. It turned out great! I did scale the recipe way down just for me. Thanks!
I really liked how these turned out! I used a sweet Thai chili sauce and loved how the baked tofu was sort of crisp and chewy and sweet and spicy all at the same time. I also loved how easy this was to do, will be making this often!