1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Wonderful rich chili recipe that I got from a pillsbury slow cooker cookbook. I modfied this to suit our family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks (cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin (cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (undrained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans (undrained)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (can use non-alcoholic beer)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- green onion (sliced)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, coat both meats with flour.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet and add flour coated meats. Brown on all sides. (do this in batches if necessary).
- 3Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. (Or you can use a pressure cooker for much quicker cooking).
- 4Mix browned meat and all remaining ingredients (except green onions).
- 5Cover and cook on low heat fro 7 to 9 hours. (if using a pressure cooker,once pressure is reached, set timer for 75 mins(or 1 hr & 15 min).
- 6Sprinkle with green onions and sevre.
- 7Weight Watchers-6 points per 1 cup serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Two Meat Chili
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 464.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef chuck steaks