Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sweet and easy dessert treat is courtesy of my dear SiL...they are easy to make, and taste delicious. Good recipe for the kids to help with, and great for parties and gift giving if you put them in mini cupcake papers. The candy coating/almond bark is usually sold in packages of flat rectangles, not chips, but either could be used - 1 package is all that's required for the recipe. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact size in ounces, so this is an estimate.
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) package vanilla candy coating (almond bark or white chocolate coating)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large stockpot, slowly melt candy coating over low heat.
- When melted add peanut butter, stirring to mix well.
- Add rice cereal and peanuts; stir to mix well.
- Add marshmallows last. Once they get warm, the mixture gets very gooey.
- Quickly drop by tablespoons onto wax paper or into muffin cups.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
What a great treat! Everyone loved them and they were gobbled up in no time. Grandaughter and I struggled a bit with getting the stickey mixture to form up, but once the mixture started to cool down it was quite easy. Made for photo tag. This is a realy keeper and will surely be made again.