Pear and Cranberry Granita
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, concentrate and water,drained,juices reserved
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- fresh cranberries (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- Combine pears and honey in processor; puree until smooth.
- Pour reserved pear juices into 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough cranberry juice to pear juices to measure 2 cups.
- Add juice mixture to processor and process until well blended.
- Transer to 13x9x2" glass baking dish.
- Freeze until frozen, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Using fork, scrape surace of granita to form crystals.
- Divide among 6 dessert glasses.
- Garnish with cranberries and mint sprigs, if desired.
Join The Conversation
I had some 100% cranberry juice leftover from another recipe, so coupled with the fact that I love shaved ice type refreshments, I just had to make this! I was not disappointed - it is delicious! I used some excellent local honey which just made it that much more tasty. Thanks so much for the recipe Bev!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.