Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can't wait to try these!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- sugar, for rolling cookies (optional)
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, half a cup at a time, blending in well. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Press with bottom of a glass to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 300 degrees. Bake cookies 12 minutes longer until just light brown on bottom.
- Cool a minute before removing to a rack to complete cooling. Store airtight.