Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick recipe for a Texas Roadhouse style loaded sweet potato. Less fattening then a loaded potato because sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins this is a great alternative!
- For a quick way to heat your potato poke a hole in the top and microwave it for about 13-15 minutes until its easy to stick a knife into.
- While the potato cooks put the butter into a microwave safe dish.
- Put in the microwave for about 15 seconds until well melted after the potato is done cooking.
- After butter is melted add vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon, stir well.
- Slice your cooked potato down the center and then across the sides a few more times.
- Then brush mixture of butter over your potato. Place the sliced marshmallows across the top and broil in either your oven or a toaster oven until marshmallows just start to brown.
I made this last year for Thanksgiving. Well, it is the #1 request from our family and friends for this year
Do love those sweet potatoes, & made this way, they are really nice, we thought! The only change I made was to use just 5 mini marshmallows cut in half to give us a taste of the mallows ~ Everything else was as given here, & our LARGE potato baked up in just about 13 minutes! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
I thought I'd like this more than I did, but this was just ok for me. 13-15 minutes in the microwave would have been way too long in my microwave. My sweet potato was completely cooked in 8 minutes. Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.