Recipe by 55tbird
WW pts for 1 1/3 cups is 6. From Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet cookbook. This is very good and only 307 calories . Submitted to Taste of Home by Sue West of Alvord TX.
Top Review by SweetySJD
Very good stew! I used a half each of green and red pepper, and mini rotini pasta instead of the shells. The baked beans gave it a very interesting flavor. This is a very filling stew that is great for a one-dish meal. Also, it's very simple to put together. Thank you!
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (5 1/2 ounce) cansreduced sodium v8 juice
- 15 ounces ranch style beans or 15 ounces bush baked beans, undrained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces southwest diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta.
- Stir into stew.