Prep 4 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
Note: 2 days of marination in the refrigerator. This is then baked for 4 hours and chilled again and then reheated for 30-45 minutes before serving. This sounds so funky that I had to copy it! Sorry this recipe really doesn't state all amounts. If you make this before I do, please note your amounts here! Thanks!
- 1 (5 lb) beef brisket
- soy sauce, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- caraway seed, to taste
- celery seed, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Place meat in a shallow dish and season with soy and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle soup mix over the meat.
- Add caraway seeds, celery seeds and rosemary to taste and cover tightly with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 2 days, turning meat occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Wrap the brisket in 2 layers of aluminum foil and place it in a pan and bake for 4 hours.
- Let cool before unwrapping.
- Place the juices in one container and the meat in another and refrigerate both.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Meanwhile scrape the seasoning off the meat and remove any fat. Slice the meat against the grain.
- Put the gravy juices in the bottom of a roasting pan and put the sliced meat on top of the gravy.
- Pour the cherry pie filling on top of the meat and bake for 30-45 minutes.