Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Tangy potato salad, great for barbeques and hot summer days. Sometimes I add one or more of the following for variety: crumbled bacon or bleu cheese, Slim Jim beef sticks, 1/4" slices.
- 5 medium potatoes or 5 large potatoes, boiled, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, from pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- Mix potatoes, eggs, onions, celery and jalapenos in large bowl.
- Add jalapeno juice and mayonnaise to desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve cold.
Loved the jalapeno heat and ahhhhhh, the afterglow. I get weak just thinking about it.
Much better than the traditional boring potato salad. I too thought this had way too much mayo. Otherwise, I loved the tartness from the jalapeno pickling juice, the mild spiciness and the addition of eggs and blue cheese. Great alongside a burger.
I selected this recipe for My 3 Chefs and served it with brisket. My kids thought it was terrific. I felt there just a little too much mayo for my taste. Next time I make it, I will cut the mayo to 2/3 cup or add another potato. The jalapenos added a little kick which was very nice. I will absolutely make this again. Thanks whitan for a great recipe.