Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom has had this recipe FOREVER and the whole family loves it. Sometimes it's the only way my 2 yr old will eat veggies!
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped (TIP-buy the pre-chopped ones in the can )
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing, clear (the dressing gets to be a bit much for me so I only use 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottle)
- Mix well & store in fridge for 24 hours before eating.
- Serve with Frito scoops or bite size nacho chips.
A quick and versatile recipe. It easily halves and accomodates personal preferences well. Jalapenos and cumin enhance everything--if you like them too, you'll enjoy this. An added bonus--low in carbs and adds fiber. I skip the chips part, but as Momma says, a good way to get those veggies down kids.