Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Most of us are nuts about cookies...especially cookies with nuts!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package almond brickle chips
- Combine sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with electic mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and almond extract, beating well.
- Combine flours, soda, salt, and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in almonds and brickle chips.
- Chill dough 3 to 4 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place at least 3-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies wih a fork dipped in sugar, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 350° for 14-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes! My Uncle Keith used to make these for my cousins and I and we LOVED them!
I love the taste of almonds, and these cookies delivered! Short, easy, and delisious. DH can't stop making yummy noises long enough to give me his opinion. Thanks, Sharon! Another winner that is going into my permanent file.