Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 3 cups sliced zucchini, steamed
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 tortillas, fried and quartered
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 fluid ounces sour cream
- green onion, chopped
- Steam the zucchini until it is soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cooked zucchini, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, vinegar, fried tortilla quarters and chiles together.
- Place in greased ovenproof baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for about 12 minutes or until it is well heated and the cheese has melted.
- To serve, top with sour cream and sprinkle with green onions on top.
I was searching to post this recipe and found it all alone and unreviewed for more than two years! This is very similar to a dish called Sonora Casserole served at I-10 Diner in San Antonio. My recipe has a few minor differences. It lists more chili powder (1 1/2 T), plus 1/4 t garlic powder, and has half the cheese sprinkled on top before baking for 20-30 minutes, then spread with sour cream and topped with green onions as listed above. My husband is not a vegetable lover but he really likes this. Could be a vegetarian main dish. Thanks, Millie, for posting!