Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got some parts of this recipe from about.com but blended some of my own ingredients for a unique twist of flavor. It's perfect for a potluck dinner. I am not a fan of carrots but I like this one!
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 7 ounces of mission salsa con queso (medium)
- 1 cup of ruffles potato chips (Crushed in Baggie)
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts (Crushed in Baggie)
- Cook carrots inj boiling water with salt. Boil for about 20 minutes to soften carrots. Drain Well.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter slowly stir in flour. Stir over low heat until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stir constantly, cook until thickened. Add cheese dip and stir until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Save 1/3 of the crushed potato chips and all the peanuts for the topping. Place enough carrots to cover the bottom of the casserole pan, then cover with potato chips. Then repeat layers. Pour sauce over it all. Bake it at 350 F for 15 minute Then Sprinkle 1/3 of the chips and all the peanuts over the top. Put it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.