Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from The Best Way To Cook A Pulses: Beans-Peas-Lentals. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a 4"-inch (10 cm) cookie cutter, cut four rounds out of each flour tortilla. Alternatively, use a 3"-inch (7.5cm) cookie cutter to make 7 rounds for mini muffincups. Press the tortilla rounds into muffin cups. If the tortillas are not soft enough, carefully microwave the rounds for 15 seconds or lightly brush one side with water.
- Bake cups for 12-15 minutes, until light golden and crisp (these can be made several days ahead and stored in an airtight container).
- While cups are baking, combine the beans, salsa, chili powder, cheese and cilantro into a medium bowl.
- For regular muffin pans, spoon 1 1/2-2 tablespoons filling into the tortilla cups, and 1/2-1 tablespoon into mini cups.
- Place the cups on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dollop of light sour cream.