Recipe by Cookin'Diva
An incredibly flavorful topping rests on each zucchini half, making this a side dish that is fit for company. We enjoy the smokiness of the bacon with the salty feta and flavorful herbs. One viewer suggested making individual zucchini rounds (rather than logs) and serving them as appetizers - a brilliant idea!
Top Review by JOY1998
I used my zucchini from my garden and sliced into rounds. I added some fresh basil too. I really liked this recipe and definetely will use it again. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe.
- 4 medium zucchini, about 8-9-inch long
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (no salt needed)
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut ends off top and bottom of zucchini; then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out a little of the middle (helps topping stay in place).
- Place these long pieces into a 9x13 pan, cut side up. Use a fork to prick each piece about 8 times. Brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare topping: mix together garlic, parsley, black pepper, bacon and feta.
- Place topping evenly over all 8 pieces of zucchini.
- Sprinkle tops with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake 350 for 20-24 minutes or until a fork inserted into the zucchini feels tender.
- APPETIZER SUGGESTION: Rather than logs, cut into 1/4" rounds. Place a little topping onto each individual serving; bake as directed.