Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An incredibly flavorful topping rests on each zucchini half, making this a side dish that is fit for company. We enjoy the smokiness of the bacon with the salty feta and flavorful herbs. One viewer suggested making individual zucchini rounds (rather than logs) and serving them as appetizers - a brilliant idea!
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut ends off top and bottom of zucchini; then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out a little of the middle (helps topping stay in place).
- Place these long pieces into a 9x13 pan, cut side up. Use a fork to prick each piece about 8 times. Brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare topping: mix together garlic, parsley, black pepper, bacon and feta.
- Place topping evenly over all 8 pieces of zucchini.
- Sprinkle tops with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake 350 for 20-24 minutes or until a fork inserted into the zucchini feels tender.
- APPETIZER SUGGESTION: Rather than logs, cut into 1/4" rounds. Place a little topping onto each individual serving; bake as directed.
I used my zucchini from my garden and sliced into rounds. I added some fresh basil too. I really liked this recipe and definetely will use it again. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe.
These were F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!!! My husband was hesitant at first but, was really surprised with the flavors. We halfed the recipe since it's just the two of us and used smaller zucchini. The smokey flavor of the bacon combined with the buttery flavor of the feta....YUMMY! I think these would be great as an appetizer but, rather they serving them as a log I would cut the zucchini into round slices, spoon the mixture on top and then bake them. I think people would keep coming back for more. For the "log" zucchini I think next time I will lightly take a spoon over the interior length of these to scrape a little of the flesh out so that the toppings stay a little better within the zucchini. These are terrific, thank you for sharing!
This is awesome!!! I made them for dinner one night and my hubby raved. They were so good and easy that I also made them for company on the weekend!!!