Recipe by Fairy Nuff
A lovely, fresh recipe with asian flavours - perfect for cooking on the barbecue. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
All I can say is wow!! This was superb I did not cut tuna as listed, I cooked as a whole and even over cooked to our liking, my fault got distracted. It was still so full of flavour and we loved the wasabi mayonnaise, I really love the pickled ginger and it went so well on top of the tuna. The only change I made was after I marinated it I topped it with regular and black sesame seeds. I served over vegetables and it was perfect. A great post and this will become a regular, as we love tuna and this was the perfect way to make it. Thanks Fairy Nuff, superb recipe:)
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tuna steaks, each cut into 4 strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the teriyaki marinade, five spice powder and ginger.
- Place tuna slices into a non-metallic dish.
- Pour over the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan (or use your barbecue) heat the oil.
- Fry the tuna over fairly high heat for 1-2 minutes each side (or until cooked to how you like them).
- Mix together the mayonnaise and wasabi paste.
- Serve the tuna with some of the wasabi mayonnaise and place some pickled ginger on top.
- Very yummy with plain, boiled rice and stir-fried chinese greens.