Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been tring to lose a few pounds in my old age and this recipe is a pretty good one to do it with. It is great made with chicken too.
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce, teriyaki
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 (1 lb) beef flank steak or 1 (1 lb) beef top sirloin steak
- 1 head boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- MIX steak sauce, orange juice and sesame oil until well blended. Remove 1/4 cup of the steak sauce mixture for later use. Pour remaining steak sauce mixture over steak in large resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat steak. Refrigerate 30 minute to marinate.
- PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Remove steak from bag; discard bag and marinade. Grill steak 13 to 16 minute for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cover with foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 minute.
- CUT steak across the grain into thin strips. Place evenly in centers of lettuce leaves; top with vegetables and bean sprouts. Roll up. Serve with the reserved 1/4 cup steak sauce mixture.
I used sirloin steak (cut into strips) and used teriyaki sauce (kikoman) so I cut down a little on the orange juice and added some red onion that I needed to use up to the mentioned vegetables...and of course I love onion anyway. An easy and refreshing dish. Thank you for posting. Made for Bargain Basement Tag game 2011.