Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe uses the less expensive cut of chicken (drumsticks and wings).
- 1 lb chicken drumstick
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil for easy clean up.
- Arrange chicken pieces on foil.
- In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Brush over chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes; turn and brush with glaze for an additional 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.
I made this for the DM last night (she declared she wasn't hungry as I was dishing up so told her to eat what she could well she polished of the chicken and the vegies though wouldn't eat the rice which didn't surprise me). I used a Maryland cut of chicken (thigh and leg intact) and for the glaze used 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oil (peanut), 1/4 teaspoon ginger and 1/2 teaspoon garlic and heated it up in the microwave and then poured over the chicken and let it marinate in the sauce for a couple of hours turning occasionally. Cooked at 175C fan forced for 45 to 50 minutes and the meat was moist and falling of the bone and the DM really enjoyed and commenting about how yummy and tasty it was.
Very Tasty! Works great for a teryaki chicken salad!