Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Super fast thanks to pre-cooked chicken in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Substitute white wine vinegar for the rice vinegar if it's all you have. Add 5 minutes to the cook time if you want softer noodles. Omit chicken for an easy vegetarian dish.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken up
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (carrots, pea pods, sprouts, cucumber, zucchini, onion, anything!)
- 3⁄4 lb cooked chicken
- In a large salad bowl combine salad, veggies, chicken and noodles.
- In a smaller dish, mix together the flavor packet from the ramen noodles, vinegar, OJ and oil.
- Pour dressing mixture over the salad. If desired, let stand 5 minutes, tossing occasionally to soften the noodles.
I have been making this forever. It is really good and simple, great for hot weather. I found it in BH&G years ago. Thanks for posting!