Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really like the shiitake mushrooms in this. this is a pretty basic recipe for stir fry if you aren't sure you can make them. I partially freeze the steak for easier cutting. ( or you can have your butcher do it)
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin bite sized strips
- 6 -7 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- In small bowl combine teriyaki sauce, sherry, cornstarch and gingerroot; blend well and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef strips; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is browned and of desired doneness.
- Remove beef from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine mushrooms and sugar snap peas.
- Cover; cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until peas are crisp tender, stirring once or twice.
- Stir cornstarch mixture until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture, beef and sprouts to skillet; cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- Serve over rice.