Recipe by TGirl,RN
This Curried Chicken dish is a quick and tasty meal-great for weeknights-just buy a pre-cooked roasted chicken, and you're in business!
Top Review by BeachGirl
If you love curry, this is an easy, delicious dish! Sauce was very creamy. Dinner was ready in 20 minutes, and perfect served over rice. After tasting this, I added a handful of raisins and stirred till hot, and sprinkled each serving with a few toasted sliced almonds. YUM! A great way to use cooked chicken.
- 1 roasted chicken, meat removed from bone and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- white rice, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onion and curry powder-cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Cook one minute, and then stir in milk slowly.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in chicken meat-heat through.
- Serve over cooked white rice.