Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great Chicken dish. Perfect served with a mexican rice dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 key limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, muddle cilantro, garlic, cumin and jalapeo until you have a thick paste.
- Add tequila, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Wash the chicken, pat dry and place in a large, heavy-duty resealable plastic food bag, pour the marinade over the chicken in the bag.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire.
- Drain the chicken, discarding the marinade. Grill chicken, turning often, until they are slightly charred and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Wow! Great combo of flavors! Also great recipe for in the motorhome. Marinated overnight and cooked on portable gas grill (it was 80+ degrees, so cooking outdoors was a must :) ) Chicken was juicy and tasty! Thanks for this keeper.