Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted for the ZWT 2006. I have not tried this recipe yet, and it is compliments of http://www.mexgrocer.com/mexcocina-aug3.html THIS REQUIRES A ICE CREAM MACHINE.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine milk, cream, and tequila.
- Simmer about 12 minutes and remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix using a whisk sugar and honey into egg yolks until well blended.
- Pour a third of simmered mixture into yolks while stirring briskly with a whisk.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into saucepan, stirring to combine with the rest of the milk, cream and tequila mixture.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until it is thickens enough to coat the back of spoon.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, pass through fine strainer and place in refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes. When cooled, process in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Store, covered in freezer.