Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
"Adult" cupcakes that taste different, in a good way; try them with lime icing and sour gummy worms! They taste especially good after you've finished off the extra tequila ;)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line muffin tin.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients seperately, then together.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for about 22 minutes.
These were OK...a little bitter for cupcakes (but, that's the tequila). My cupcakes all fell while cooling again, so no pretty round tops - guess I need to give up making homemade cupcakes, since it doesn't seem to work for me. I mixed a little lime juice into lemon icing for the tops. I may try this again, but with margarita mix to make it more the way I expected it to taste. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009