Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An excellent but very different tasting pasta sauce. Adjust the amount of jalapeños to personal taste. This amount will make the recipe fall into the salsa category of "medium". Remember to wear gloves when handling the jalapeños!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Melt the margarine in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add cilantro, garlic and jalapeños and saute several minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tequila and lime juice and continue to cook over medium high heat until reduced by half. Stir it lots because it will burn easily and it will probably smell terrible as the tequila cooks off.
- In a separate large frying pan, cook your chicken over medium high heat. When your chicken is still a little pink, add the red onion and bell peppers and saute until your veggies are crispy and the chicken is cooked.
- Add your tequila reduction and the cream. Keep it over low heat while you cook the pasta of your choice, then toss with hot pasta.
This is a delicious recipe, very rich and flavorful sauce.