An excellent but very different tasting pasta sauce. Adjust the amount of jalapeños to personal taste. This amount will make the recipe fall into the salsa category of "medium". Remember to wear gloves when handling the jalapeños!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1Melt the margarine in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add cilantro, garlic and jalapeños and saute several minutes.
- 2Add chicken stock, tequila and lime juice and continue to cook over medium high heat until reduced by half. Stir it lots because it will burn easily and it will probably smell terrible as the tequila cooks off.
- 3In a separate large frying pan, cook your chicken over medium high heat. When your chicken is still a little pink, add the red onion and bell peppers and saute until your veggies are crispy and the chicken is cooked.
- 4Add your tequila reduction and the cream. Keep it over low heat while you cook the pasta of your choice, then toss with hot pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila Chicken Pasta Sauce (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.5
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 209.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: