Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An interesting twist on the good old brownie! These are tasty buggers!!
Make and share this Tequila Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml flour
- 14.79 ml tequila
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 236.59 ml nuts (optional)
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Heat butter and one cup of chips in a 3 quart sauce pan over low heat , stirring constantly, until melted.
- Stir in sugar, flour, tequila, baking powder, salt and eggs, until combined.
- Spread mixture in the pan and sprinkle with remaining chips and nuts.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the center is set.
- Cool completely before cutting into desired sized squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
These are some of the fudgiest brownies I've ever tried! Don't let the tequila scare you off, either -- there's a hint of some flavor in these that is different than the usual brownie flavor, but no one would guess that it's tequila if they didn't already know it was in there. I omitted the nuts and topped these with Easy Milk Chocolate Frosting for Brownies (PAC multitasking, lol). Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall '12