Recipe by Dr. Jenny
I got this recipe a long time ago on another site. I found it to be an easy dish to prepare with nice flavor. It is good for a beginner chef. I serve this over angel hair pasta, tossed with olive oil, garlic cloves and parmesan cheese.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This quite simple to prepare. I did serve this on pasta with olive oil and garlic. The only change I would make is to use a little more of the balsamic vinaigrette and a little more seasoning. When you serve in on pasta it looses a little of the taste. Made for ZWT 2011
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Season tenders with Italian seasoning, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- In large, non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tenders and cook, turning until brown, about 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in dressing and capers. Cook until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp and tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over angel hair pasta tossed with olive oil, fresh garlic, and parmesan.