Recipe by Wildflour
My quick and easy recipe for tender, juicy chicken with a nice, light lemon flavor!
Top Review by Mommy Diva
A flavorful yet mild chicken dish that you can whip together and forget while making the rest of dinner! Perfect!!!! Everyone in our house devoured this one.Thank you for posting this. **Made for ZWT4**
- 1 (3 1/3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, concentrate ok to use
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In deep frying pan with lid, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion.
- Add chicken pieces seasoned with salt and pepper, good side down.
- Brown chicken.
- Turn pieces over, sprinkle chicken with lemon juice, place on lid.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, stirring onions and turning chicken only once or twice as needed.
- Or pour into a casserole dish, arrange chicken nicely, sprinkle with lemon juice and bake, covered, in a 350º oven for 45 minutes or til done.
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with parsley and recover during last 2 minutes.