Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
My quick and easy recipe for tender, juicy chicken with a nice, light lemon flavor!
Make and share this Tender Lemon Parsleyed Chicken (Stove or Oven) recipe from Food.com.
- In deep frying pan with lid, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion.
- Add chicken pieces seasoned with salt and pepper, good side down.
- Brown chicken.
- Turn pieces over, sprinkle chicken with lemon juice, place on lid.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, stirring onions and turning chicken only once or twice as needed.
- Or pour into a casserole dish, arrange chicken nicely, sprinkle with lemon juice and bake, covered, in a 350º oven for 45 minutes or til done.
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with parsley and recover during last 2 minutes.
A flavorful yet mild chicken dish that you can whip together and forget while making the rest of dinner! Perfect!!!! Everyone in our house devoured this one.Thank you for posting this. **Made for ZWT4**
We loved this chicken and the sauce. It isn't as lemony as I had anticipated which my husband liked. However, I am going to increase the lemon a wee bit next time just because I love lemon and I am the cook!! Cooks rule! Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to have it again.
Super recipe, proves simple can be the best way to go, wonderful depth to the flavors. I added a sprig of rosemary to mine as well, very tasty and doesn't need a lot of salt; the lemon flavors it nicely which is nice for people who are watching their salt intake. I also started this in the same pan that I cooked my onions in...at the last minute I turned the heat up to high on the burner and then seared both sides of the chicken (I used breasts) to lightly brown them and then finished it in the casserole dish in the oven. Mother-in-law also raved about it and husband says he wants it again. Thank you!!!!!!!!