Recipe by Jamie Renee
Moist, tender, buttery homemade rolls. The ease of the bread machine leaves time for you to spend on your other dishes. Probably the best bread machine roll recipe I've found. Too good for anyone to believe I really made them. Prep time includes bread machine time. VERY good rolls, they have never failed me personally, please try them!
Top Review by Scaldis Noel
Excellent recipe. I highly recommend it. Great texture - crispy crust, soft and light inside. I used a stoneware mini-loaf pan and the bread baked up beautifully. It took a little longer than the recipe calls for, but 350 was the perfect temperature. I used all bread flour, but I believe that substituting a cup of whole wheat flour for one cup of bread flour, and adding a tablespoon of water would work fine, because the dough rises very well.
- 3⁄4 cup milk, slightly warmed
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients into bread machine in order instructed by the manufacturer.
- Usually all wet, (as listed above) or all dry first.
- Set machine to dough cycle (usually 90 minutes). When dough cycle is complete, remove dough onto floured board.
- Cut dough in equal sized pieces and place into greased muffin tins.
- You should have exactly 18 rolls or you can shape them another way you prefer and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for thirty minutes or until doubled in size (Note: a damp paper towel sprayed with nonstick cooking spray works great!).
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.