Recipe by 2Bleu
This recipe is a no fail for the most tenderest wings, drumsticks, and even turkey necks you will find. You can do just wings, or just drumsticks, or just necks. Also, You can lightly brush them with your favorite bbq sauce just before putting them in the oven. Enjoy. :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 turkey wings
- 2 turkey drumsticks
- 4 turkey neck (optional but definitely worth trying)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250F (low). Heat 1 tbsp butter and the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet (or transfer to 9x13 after browning) over medium high heat.
- Add wings and drumsticks only. Sear outside to brown, turning as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Add necks so that all the meat is single layer in the pan. Season well with remaining butter, salt, and black pepper. (Brush with BBQ sauce now if using).
- Cover tightly with lid or aluminum foil and bake for about 3 1/2 hours (4 hrs if using legs).
- Carefully remove lid (watch for steam). Enjoy.