Recipe by CLS
Indulge yourself with this wonderful chicken dish. I found that adding baking powder to fried or baked chicken is the trick and just threw together the spices one night. It was a great success. It is so tasty and sticky, everyone had a smile on their face eating this one! And we did go through a lot of napkins!
Top Review by Mirj
This was a Godsend! I saw the recipe two days after it was posted, and just happened to have 6 chicken breasts, cut up, sitting in my fridge waiting to be cooked and eaten. I soaked the chicken in a mixture of egg and 7-Up (instead of milk, and it's not as gross as it sounds) and added lots more sesame seeds. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. It wasn't really sticky at all, but we loved it, and it's going to become part of my family dinner repetoire.
- 6 pieces chicken breasts, cut-up,rinsed and patted dry
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together egg and milk in a broad flat bowl.
- Soak chicken in milk& egg for a few minutes.
- Blend remaining ingredients together in a plastic bag.
- Then toss chicken in flour and seasoning mix.
- Bake in a foil-lined pan, drizzled with 1/2 c. butter at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Have plenty of paper napkins on hand when served!