Recipe by country girl kim
I was always scared of cooking fresh fish until I found this recipe. I use it for trout, whitefish - any delicate fish, not the heavier, oily ones. Guests love it and it looks great on a plate all crispy and brown. Try it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs trout fillets (with skin)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle flesh side of fillets with thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook fish, skin side up, for about 4 minutes or until bottom is nicely browned.
- Turn fish over and cook for about 2 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with a generous amount of lime squeezed over top.