Hawthorne Lane's hors d'oeuvre, nice change.
My Private Note
hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow miso
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed of the stem end
- 4 cups peanut oil (or the amount suitable for your pot or deep frier)
- 1Combine the dry mustard, vinegar, sugar and egg in the top of a double boiler and mix until smooth using a wooden spoon. Place over the heat and cook for four or five minutes until slightly thickened stirring with a wooden spoon. Chill.
- 2Remove from the heat and stir in the miso. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3In a suitable bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and mint and mix well. Stir in the water and mix until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4In a deep frier or deep pot, heat the oil to 350°F.
- 5Dip the beans into the batter and coat evenly. Remove from the batter and allow it to drip off slightly. Deep fry until golden brown.
- 6Remove the fried beans to a baking pan covered with absorbent towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with the sauce on the side for dipping.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempura Green Beans With Sweet and Sour Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2167.8
- Calories from Fat 1989
- Total Fat 221.0 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 383.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar