Teet is what we call my "nother mother" Marline's mom and have been for years (a nickname given by her dad, I think - they all have nicknames). It's soo good as apples are one of my favorite fruits just about anyway you fix 'em. This one is simple and quick (Splenda change by me for my diet) and is great served with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream. I know there are tons of apple pie recipes here at Zaar, but I never want to lose this one.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Allow the pie crusts to thaw if frozen.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and flour; toss with the apples well to coat.
- Place the base crust into a glass pie plate and flute the edges.
- Pour the apple mixture into the crust and dot with the butter. Top with the second crust and seal. If desired, cut a pretty design in the top.
- Place the pie plate on a cookie sheet in case of a juice spillover. Bake for approximately one hour or until the crust is golden brown.