Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This recipe makes two lovely teddy bears! What a treat to make for someone you love!
Make and share this Teddy Bears recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (100 to 110oF)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk (100 to 110oF)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- dates, pieces or raisins, to decorate
- Place warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add warm milk, butter, sugar, salt, and 2 cups all-purpose flour; blend well. Stir in 2 eggs, whole wheat flour, and enough remaining all-purpose flour to make stiff batter. Grease top; cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 4 equal portions; set aside 2 portions. Shape 1 portion into ball for body. Place on large greased baking sheet; flatten slightly.
- Divide 1 portion in half; break off 3/4-inch piece, and shape into ball for nose. Shape remaining piece into ball for head. Attach head to body; pinch to seal. Attach nose to head; pinch to seal.
- Divide remaining half of portion into 6 equal pieces. Shape into balls, and attach to body and head to form paws and ears; pinch to seal.
- Press date pieces or raisins into dough for eyes and buttons. Repeat with remaining portions. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 40 to 60 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush over dough. Redefine shapes, if necessary.
- Bake at 350oF for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from sheets; let cool on wire racks.
- You may tie a ribbon on if you like!