Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet afternoon treats with nourishing oats and bananas.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 5 1⁄2 ounces light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 12 ounces porridge oats
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 2 ounces dried banana pieces, roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a shallow 8.5in square cake tin with baking paper. Gently heat the butter, sugar and honey in a pan, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the liquid into a bowl. Add the oats, banana and banana chips. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes. Mark into fingers with a knife and cool completely before removing from the tin and cutting into bars along the lines you marked earlier.