1 hr 15 mins
Take a step out of the ho-hum ordinary, with this delicious cake. Delicately flavored with lime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream 1 cup (250 mL) sugar, shortening and eggs thoroughly.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, salt and rind; mix well.
- 3Add alternately with cold tea to creamed mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- 4Fold in nuts.
- 5Turn into greased waxed paper-lined 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch (1 1/2 L) loaf pan.
- 6Level top.
- 7Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for about 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Leave in pan.
- 9Heat remaining sugar and lime juice until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Pierce loaf all over top with wooden pick.
- 11Spoon syrup over bread slowly, letting small amounts sink into loaf before adding more.
- 12Cool loaf before removing from pan.
- 13* Note: Red Rose is a brand name of standard blended Orange and Black Pekoe tea.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tea and Lime Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g