Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Take a step out of the ho-hum ordinary, with this delicious cake. Delicately flavored with lime.
Make and share this Tea and Lime Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Cream 1 cup (250 mL) sugar, shortening and eggs thoroughly.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and rind; mix well.
- Add alternately with cold tea to creamed mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Turn into greased waxed paper-lined 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch (1 1/2 L) loaf pan.
- Level top.
- Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for about 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Leave in pan.
- Heat remaining sugar and lime juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Pierce loaf all over top with wooden pick.
- Spoon syrup over bread slowly, letting small amounts sink into loaf before adding more.
- Cool loaf before removing from pan.
- * Note: Red Rose is a brand name of standard blended Orange and Black Pekoe tea.