Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is from a friend who lived in Turkey.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken legs with thigh
- 0.5 (12 ounce) jar ajvar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, and cook the chicken breast cubes until juices run clear or brown the chicken pieces. Mix the cooked chicken, ajvar, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 1 hour and 30 minutes.