1 hr 10 mins
Amanda Beth's Note:
We like the original version of this dish, which I found in one of the magazines you get at the supermarket checkout. This is a lower-fat version. If made as posted, each serving is 8 ww points. The original version had 490 calories and 30g of fat, so this is much healthier. My DH and DS really love it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb 80% lean/ 20% fat raw ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces frozen tater tots
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spray a casserole dish (any size, just be prepared to modify cooking times) with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In large skillet, over medium high heat, cook ground beef, seasonings, and onion until beef is cooked, stirring often.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Reduce heat to medium; stir in soup.
- 6Cook mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 7Spoon beef and soup mixture into prepared dish.
- 8Spoon pizza sauce evenly over the top.
- 9Arrange pepperoni and green pepper over sauce.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese.
- 11Arrange tater tots over mixture and cover with foil.
- 12Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 13Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tater Tot Pizza Casserole-lower Fat
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 775.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup