Recipe by Amanda Beth
We like the original version of this dish, which I found in one of the magazines you get at the supermarket checkout. This is a lower-fat version. If made as posted, each serving is 8 ww points. The original version had 490 calories and 30g of fat, so this is much healthier. My DH and DS really love it too!
- 1⁄2 lb 80% lean/ 20% fat raw ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a casserole dish (any size, just be prepared to modify cooking times) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet, over medium high heat, cook ground beef, seasonings, and onion until beef is cooked, stirring often.
- Drain well.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in soup.
- Cook mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon beef and soup mixture into prepared dish.
- Spoon pizza sauce evenly over the top.
- Arrange pepperoni and green pepper over sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Arrange tater tots over mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until heated through.