Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
A savory blend of ground beef, broccoli, french fried onions, tomatoes and broccoli cheese soup in a tater tot lined casserole dish. This can be used as a main dish or side dish and is sure to be a hit at any get-together or family dinner.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was very filling. I also liked the fresh tomatoes in this casserole. I weighed the onions and they measured out to be 1 cup. I used a 24 ounce bag of the potato rounds for the bottom 'crust'. I increased the seasonings to the following 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/3 teaspoon pepper and I added 1/2 teaspoon salt. I baked this in a 9x13 cake pan which worked out very well. The one thing I would do is add the full 2/3 cup milk next time. With using the 1/2 cup the mixture just sat on top of the casserole in a big thick layer. I might even try mixing the meat, broccoli and soup mixture together next time then top with the tomatoes and onions for the 20 minute covered baking time. Thanks for the recipe the kids enjoyed it.
- 4 cups crispy crown tater tots (3/4 of a bag)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)
- 2 7⁄8 ounces Durkee onions (more if you prefer)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of broccoli soup or 10 3⁄4 ounces broccoli cheese soup
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes on the bottom and up the sides of casserole dish. Bake uncovered at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Layer beef, broccoli, 1/2 can of onions and tonatoes in the potatoe shell. Combine soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and seasoning. Pour on top of casserole.
- Bake covered at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and french fried onions. Bake uncovered 3 - 5 minutes (until cheese is melted).