Recipe by HOTTOPOT
My mother didn't cook often when we were small, so when she did it was special. There is nothing fancy about this meal, but it tastes soooo good. I do not eat mushrooms, but you would never know they are in this dish.
Top Review by Lucky.Wife
Good quick dinner. My cheese browned more than I would have liked, but that was easily fixed by putting some reynolds wrap on top of it. Next time I might just add the cheese later on in the cooking process.
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- 2 (6 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 cups shredded mild cheese
- 1 dash season salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Add cream of mushroom to beef in pan (follow directions on can, adding either milk or water, reduced by 1/2 of one can).
- Place tater tots in 10x13 baking dish evenly.
- Pour beef soup over tots.
- Season to taste.
- Top evenly w/cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes or until cheese is melted in center, lightly golden. Let sit 5 minutes to settle.