Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and Easy! Italian flavored tortellini in under 30 minutes. From the recipe book included with my new electric StepSavor Skillet/Griddle.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (Italian style seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Preheat skillet to 325°F.
- Place oil and onions in skillet and cook approximately 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini.
- Cover, with vent closed, and reduce heat to 250°F.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes or until tortellini are tender.