Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tex Mex steak served with Avocado Salsa Recipe by Alison and Simon Holst - a very tasty Steak and Salsa dish utilising a few of my favourite spices. A definite family favourite
- 400 -500 g skirt steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Lightly score both sides of the steak with a sharp knive if a diamond pattern then place in a sturdy plastic bag with the marinade ingredients.
- Ensure the steak is well coated. Leave to marinade for at least 20 minutes. (over night is OK).
- Mix together salsa ingredients.
- BBQ Steak (we prefer it rare).
- Serve with Salsa on top of Steak.
- Notes: The recipe uses corianda instead of cilantro, however the site wont allow me to upload corianda - check usage information on cilantro if in doubt.
- Also : I have never used Skirt Steak, I onlyl ever use Ribeye or Fillet.