Recipe by Pietro
A great tasting salad that can be served warm or cold. The salad can be prepared ahead and will hold for 2 or 3 days. Try it!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I made this flavoursome salad for the 2006 OZ/NZ Regional Tour. As Pietro says, "you can fine tune (it) to your taste". I used kalamata olives, red pepper and 3 cloves of garlic, and I added a generous handful of baby spinach leaves. The herbs and parmesan added a lovely blend of flavours.
- 250 g cooked spaghetti
- 60 g of pitted olives
- 220 g button mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- The cooked spaghetti can be cut into 2" lengths for easy serving.
- The olives can be green or black or combination of both.
- Pre prepared button mushrooms can be used.
- Green or red pepper can be used together for extra colour.
- Place spaghetti and all other ingredients in a bowl. Toss gently.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Toss gently to get a good even mix and serve.
- This is a salad that you can fine tune to your taste.