Recipe by Missy Wright
We make this whenever we have get togethers with our friends. I have used different breads, cheeses and seasonings as well, but this is my favorite. Black forest rye with Swiss ranks a close second.
- 1 loaf unsliced round sourdough bread
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat ove to 350.
- Cut bread lengthwise and crosswise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
- Insert cheese between cuts.
- Place bread on foil large enough to wrap the loaf.
- Mix margarine,onions and seeds.
- Drizzle over bread.
- Wrap foil around loaf, place on cooking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.