Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've made this omelet for ages but I've changed it here and there to suit everyone in the family's taste, so feel free to add/omit anything. Great eaten with toast.
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- mccormick's mixed herbs
- smoked beef, torn into pieces
- 1 cheddar cheese slice, cut into halves
- 20 g butter
- Melt half of the butter in a medium-sized frying pan and sauté onion until cooked.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork/whisk.
- Add the cooked onions to the eggs, a dash of mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste, beat thoroughly.
- Melt the rest of the butter and pour the eggs into the pan.
- When omelet is almost done (I prefer it moist), place the cheese halves in the middle of the omelet and arrange the pieces of beef on either side.
- Fold the omelet on both sides and serve hot.
Loved the omelet, full of lovely flavours, I did not have smoked beef but used a lean roast topside beef with a sharp cheddar cheese and fresh herbs from the gardem (basil, dill and oregano), thank you Horrendezvous, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.