1/1 Photo of Tasty Nectarine Buttermilk Pancakes & Wild Blueberry Sauce
Baby Kato's Note:
This is one of the best tasting pancake recipes, I’ve ever created. I am very proud of this recipe, the pancakes are tender, light, fluffy and served with a delicious blueberry sauce. If you don’t want to use Grand Marnia, I would recommend substituting with ½ tsp of finely grated orange rind. I leave the skin on the nectarine because I like the flavor and texture that it offers. Try these pancakes you will not be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- wild blueberry sauce
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- 2 -3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- nectarine buttermilk pancake
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (good quality)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large ripe nectarine, unpeeled, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter (frying)
- icing sugar (garnish- optional)
- 2Put the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water together in a small pot.
- 3Boil rapidly for 4 – 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Remove the sauce from heat and allow too cool.
- 5When cooled add the Grand Marnia and set aside until ready to use.
- 7Beat the egg well and stir in the melted butter and buttermilk.
- 8In a small bowl add the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.
- 9Now gently add the diced nectarines to the batter.
- 10Heat your pan and lightly grease with the butter.
- 11I cook my pancakes on medium low heat.
- 12Pour batter onto the prepared pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear and fill the entire surface of the pancake.
- 13Turn with a spatula and cook the other side.
- 14Your pancakes should feel fluffy and tender when touched.
- 15Remove from heat, put on platter and keep warm until all pancakes are done.
- 16Serve with icing sugar and wild blueberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Nectarine Buttermilk Pancakes & Wild Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.0 mg
- Sodium 826.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g