Recipe by Larry 42
Best meatloaf ever. Lots of flavor and not mushy. Great warmed up on French garlic bread with Swiss cheese for sandwiches the next day.
Top Review by Mimi in Michigan
This meatloaf was very delicious. It was very easy to make but I would not use 1 cup ketchup for the topping. It was way too much. I was very impressed with the texture also. I cut this is very thin slices. it held together very well and did not crumble. It was wonderful the next day as a leftover for sandwiches.
- 2 lbs 80% lean ground beef, 80/20
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 2 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix together first seven ingredients until well combined.
- Form into a loaf and bake for one hour covered.
- While baking, mix together one cup ketchup and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Top meat loaf and cook additional 20 minutes uncovered.
- Take out and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or fried potatoes and a veggie.